Thursday, 12 June 2014

What Is A Short Film

Definition:

This is a definition of what a short film actually is. Well I can't really make a short film if I don't know what it is can I :)

A short film - or film short - is a film that is too short to be classed as a feature length picture. They have to be under 40 minutes in length but most film shorts are only 5 minutes in length anyway. This lack of time to build atmosphere and story also allows for the film director to build tension instead and have a simpler story; horror and humour will help build atmosphere and tension. They also usually end with a big climax which may consist of a cliff hanger or something humorous like in the black whole (the below example) ends with the person falling into the vault and being trapped which almost has a hidden message of, steal and it will you will be caught eventually. So here is my example of a film short and i think tht it is fantastic in my opinion, enjoy! :)