The members of Volcanic productions
![]() |
| Deanna, Cameron, Daniel, Charlotte |
Deanna
Strengths: Directing, Post-production and Camerawork
Deanna's most outstanding strength in film making is being the director. She can control the group and make sure that everyone sticks to their job and keeps up to date with the schedule. She took this role for the first year of our A-level course and it went well so she has taken this role again.
Deanna has also had previous experience using Soundtrack Pro so she is good in the post production stage. So she also was given the job of editing the sound for the film as well.
Deanna will also be helping with the camera work because she has researched a lot into how the new Digital DSLR-600D cameras work and how to get the best out of a shot.
Deanna's most outstanding strength in film making is being the director. She can control the group and make sure that everyone sticks to their job and keeps up to date with the schedule. She took this role for the first year of our A-level course and it went well so she has taken this role again.
Deanna has also had previous experience using Soundtrack Pro so she is good in the post production stage. So she also was given the job of editing the sound for the film as well.
Deanna will also be helping with the camera work because she has researched a lot into how the new Digital DSLR-600D cameras work and how to get the best out of a shot.
Areas of development: Sound recording and Focusing of the camera
She hasn't had much experience with sound recording though because this was covered by another member of her group last year. So this means that she is not familiar with using the sound recording kit. Although she cant use the recording kit on location she is able to get the sounds off the recording kit and onto the macs easily.
Also she could focus the camera easily last year but now we have got new cameras she is having to learn how to do it all over again and she is struggling so I feel that this isn't one of her strong points.
Also she could focus the camera easily last year but now we have got new cameras she is having to learn how to do it all over again and she is struggling so I feel that this isn't one of her strong points.
Cameron
Strengths: Camerawork, Post-production and Sound-recording
Cameron's most profound skills is that he is good at camerawork. He was really good at getting the shot we need last year and so we are confident that he can do the same again this year so we have put him in charge of camerawork again. But he has not used this camera before but he and Deanna have been researching how to use them efficiently so now we feel that Cameron should be proficient at using this camera as well.
He is also skilled in the post production stage of making the film. He is good at putting the shots onto the computer and he can lengthen and cut and change the clips in ways so that he can pretty much make anything. So we have given him that role again for this year. But again the software has changed that we are using but he has been looking up tutorials and asking the teacher things about the new program and he is now familiar with the changes to the new software that we are using.
He is also good at sound recording, he knows how to use the location recording kit and he knows how to then go on and put the sounds onto the mac. So he will be helping with the sound recording as well.
Cameron's most profound skills is that he is good at camerawork. He was really good at getting the shot we need last year and so we are confident that he can do the same again this year so we have put him in charge of camerawork again. But he has not used this camera before but he and Deanna have been researching how to use them efficiently so now we feel that Cameron should be proficient at using this camera as well.
He is also skilled in the post production stage of making the film. He is good at putting the shots onto the computer and he can lengthen and cut and change the clips in ways so that he can pretty much make anything. So we have given him that role again for this year. But again the software has changed that we are using but he has been looking up tutorials and asking the teacher things about the new program and he is now familiar with the changes to the new software that we are using.
He is also good at sound recording, he knows how to use the location recording kit and he knows how to then go on and put the sounds onto the mac. So he will be helping with the sound recording as well.
Areas of development: Focusing of the camera and Directing
Although Cameron is good at working and angling the camera he isn't very good at making sure that the camera is focused properly but the rest our group isn't very good either (especially myself so I'm just sticking to more sound related things) but he is more experienced than the rest of us so he will still covering it.
He also wouldn't be very proficient as a director because he likes to do more hands on work like handling the camera and editing.
Although Cameron is good at working and angling the camera he isn't very good at making sure that the camera is focused properly but the rest our group isn't very good either (especially myself so I'm just sticking to more sound related things) but he is more experienced than the rest of us so he will still covering it.
He also wouldn't be very proficient as a director because he likes to do more hands on work like handling the camera and editing.
Daniel (Me)
Strengths: Sound-recording, Sound editing and Lighting
I feel that my most proficient skill is sound recording and editing and I think that this is mostly due to the fact that I did most of the sound related areas of post production and filming last year and the fact that I also do an AS Music course so I may have an edge when it comes to sounds than the other members of my group.
I think that I am good at making sure that a shot is well lit and will look the best when we come to looking at the shot again on a bigger screen and start the post production stage.
I feel that my most proficient skill is sound recording and editing and I think that this is mostly due to the fact that I did most of the sound related areas of post production and filming last year and the fact that I also do an AS Music course so I may have an edge when it comes to sounds than the other members of my group.
I think that I am good at making sure that a shot is well lit and will look the best when we come to looking at the shot again on a bigger screen and start the post production stage.
Areas of development: Focusing of the camera and Time management
I have room for improvement though when it comes to focusing the camera, the same as the rest of my group, but probably me the most considering I rarely ever care the camera for location to location let alone use it because I prefer to stick to sounds and foley.
I am also not very good at timing how long things will take and this from time to time has resulted in me falling behind so this is definitely something I need to address before we begin filming so that i am not late for filming and pull my group behind.
I have room for improvement though when it comes to focusing the camera, the same as the rest of my group, but probably me the most considering I rarely ever care the camera for location to location let alone use it because I prefer to stick to sounds and foley.
I am also not very good at timing how long things will take and this from time to time has resulted in me falling behind so this is definitely something I need to address before we begin filming so that i am not late for filming and pull my group behind.
Charlotte
Strengths: Directing, Post-production and Lighting
Charlotte is good at being a director figure and this was shown when we did our litter documentary when she put good ideas forward that we could use, so she will be working along side Deanna in directing the group.
Post production was also a strength that we noticed when we did our documentary so she will help me and Cameron edit the sound and video in the post production stage.
Another one of her skills is that she was good at spotting when a shot wasn't lit properly or was over lit so she will be doing the lighting aspect of the filming as well.
Charlotte is good at being a director figure and this was shown when we did our litter documentary when she put good ideas forward that we could use, so she will be working along side Deanna in directing the group.
Post production was also a strength that we noticed when we did our documentary so she will help me and Cameron edit the sound and video in the post production stage.
Another one of her skills is that she was good at spotting when a shot wasn't lit properly or was over lit so she will be doing the lighting aspect of the filming as well.
Areas of development: Focusing of the camera
Again we all need to address this though so simply some more research and experience is needed to progress and get rid of this problem.
Again we all need to address this though so simply some more research and experience is needed to progress and get rid of this problem.
